Monday 1 February 2010

G is for Grammys

I guess I'm a bit late in writing this blog but I've had a long day at uni so quit your moaning! And for all those who have been hiding under a rock (never quite understood that saying myself, because surely you'd be squished under a rock so technically not living?! Anyway...) or for those who have slept the whole day through or for those you'd just like to read my take on the events that occurred at last night's 52nd annual Grammy Awards held in LA, here it goes...

I could write out the genuine list of winners but there were an awful lot of them and I’m feeling a little lazy so I’ll give you a nice over view. The babe that is Beyonce was the biggest winner of the night, picking up not 1, not 2, but 6 awards. Go on Be! Including Song of the year (it should have really won Song of the millennium) for Single Ladies. WINNER! Taylor Swift won quite a few. 4 in total (yawn) including Album of the year (yawn.. moving on). Gaga was another winner including a gong for ‘Weirdest wardrobe EVER!’.. just kidding, although if there was an award for that she’d blates win! She won a couple of awards including one for the best dance record, although in my honest opinion Britney should have won this for Womanizer… but whatevs. Other winners included 'The Boob' aka Buble, Jay Z and Kings of Leon.

And yes it may seem controversial seeing as it would appear she's very popular, but to be honest Taylor Swift?.. "Taylor Schmift!" I couldn’t give a one hoot about her, let alone two. Yes she comes across as a very genuine, down-to-earth, lovely girl. Yes, she has nice hair. And yes that rotten old Kanye made her look like a fool at the VMA’s. But, so what? That’s life, she got way loads more press coverage than she would have got if she had just won normally. Anyway what I’m trying to say, in a very long complicated Emma kind of way is that, to be honest, I've never really understood the whole Taylor hype?! But well done to her, she's only 20, she's done bloody well for herself. Look at me, at 20, I'm sat here blogging about her. Gah! *Quick subject change*..

...And on to all things Britney. She arrived supporting gorgeous dark flowing locks, dressed in a sheer lace Dolce & Gabbana dress which she wore over a figure hugging black bodysuit (interesting) and on the arm of her supposed fella Jason. It was slightly too gothic for my liking, but she pulled it off regardless, even though it was a rather bizarre choice. We didn't get to see a lot of her, but from what we did she appeared to be all smiles and it made me feel extremely happy for her, she's 100% back. Gosh I can't wait for her new album set for release in late May (which you'd know if you'd read my earlier blogs). So no she didn't technically win any awards last night but she should have, and in my books thats all that matters! "Long live the BritQueen"

We all know how I love my fashion, and like with any another award event I got majorly excited about whos going to wear what, and quite frankly last night I felt cheated. I was massively disappointed with the frocks chosen. So much so, it genuinely offended me. Gaga quite literally chose to wear something out of this world, wearing a dress that sort of resembled a solar system, without planets, and holding a "thing" that looked quite like a star. Bizarre, but I loved it! Beyonce didn't thrill me at all. Disappointed. And as for the weird glittery pieces of hair... One word Beyonce, and it begins with V. Vom. What on earth were you thinking? You are not 7, hair mascara is not in anymore babe. Miley looked kind of cute but her dress was quite dark; I want to see bright colours, its February, practically summer! Katy Perry looked ok, but her fringe was horrendous. In fact one of the only frocks that I did (kind of) approve of was one worn by Rihanna at the pre-party bash. It was odd, but I'm a fan, just not so much from the side. Gah! Shoulda gone Specsavers/Topshop guys!!

In a heart warming moment of the ceremony Paris and Prince Jackson came onto the stage welcomed with a standing ovation and accepted the Life time achievement award on behalf of their father, Michael Jackson. Paris revealed how he was set to perfom at the event and told everyone how they were missing him. Prince went on to say "We will continue to spread his message and help the world. We love you daddy." Very cute. And more importantly what a brave couple of 11 and 12 year olds, getting up on that stage after everything that has happened and being able to speak so well about it in front of all those superstars. I for one definitely wouldn't be able to, even now, let alone 8 years ago. Oh, and also Paris looked adorable in her glasses. She has geek chic down to a T. Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment