Wednesday 17 February 2010

The Brits

I was sat in a 3 hour photojournalism seminar which was all about war and propaganda, but the topic somehow got onto celebrities and how all the general public care for nowadays is celebrities (yep that’s me) and how we’re not overly fussed about politics (me again) when Tash found a picture of Lady Gaga arriving at the Brits. Oh how we laughed (silently obviously, we were talking about war and looking at really disturbing pictures where guts were splattered everywhere and body parts were disfigured. People would have thought we were disturbed laughing at that.) She looked effing hilarious. I quickly turned to twitter to see all the celeb journalists tweeting on who’s arriving and what was going on. This was when my excitement for the Brits fully kicked in.

Having made it home at 7.47 with just 13 minutes to spare I found my spot on the sofa and made myself comfortable for the nights viewing the 30th anniversary of the Brits! It started with Lily Allen who came in on a rocket. I loved the song, I’m just not overly keen on her but it was ok. I wasn’t majorly fussed by it all but I thought she was a weird act to open on. Anyway then out popped Peter Kay. Cringe. He looked like the suit he was in was about 2 sizes too small. Spice Girls won the first award of the night for most memorable performance from the Brits in the 30 years it’s been broadcast. I squealed thinking that VB would be there. What a muppet! As if she’d be there, sadly it was just the 2 who crave the spotlight more than the others. Step forward Mel B and Geri. Who then also came out later to present awards individually as well (I’m thinking the person who was booked the celebrity award-presenters should be sacked).

The main winner of the night was Lady Gaga. I’m a fan, I was happy. I was also ecstatic that she won an award (can’t remember which one) over Taylor Swift. Ha. Anyway back to Gaga, she was nominated in 3 categories and walked away with all 3 awards. Good going Gaga! She won International break through Act, International Female Solo Artist and International Album. On accepting the last award she became rather teary and seemed genuinely shocked and over-whelmed having won all of them. Anyway stuff the awards, let’s talk fashion. Oh sweet mother of Jesus she didn’t disappoint. She was dressed in a white lace swimming costume, which had one leg. She also wore a huge wig (that apparently smelt like wet dogs) that reminded me a lot of Barbara Windsor. And on her face she had a lace mask that had been designed by Alexander McQueen; she also dedicated her performance to the designer.

Another big winner was the JLS boys! Hot. They won two of the awards, Best Single and British Breakthrough and boy were they chuffed. They literally ran/skipped/jumped/excitedly floated up to the stage to collect their awards! As would I if I won a Brit to be fair (no chance of that happening with a voice like mine though… hell no straight to the Grammys! Ha!) They were looking on top form in matching grey suits *swoon* and for their performance they were looking just as good in more casual attire *swoon again* Favourite part goes to Aston who slyly *rolls eyes* lifted his top several times to flash his ripped chest… it made me laugh but I know one person who was definitely loving it (Oh Hiya babe, get that filthy thought out your head…!!)



There were some funny moments throughout the show, one of them being Liam Gallagher throwing the Brit award he had just won for Brits Album of the last 30 years into the crowd. Oh right well I’m sure we’ll be seeing that on ebay sometime soon then! A favourite moment of mine was when Alan Carr came out and presented an award. He mentioned how he was wearing different glasses because he’d snapped his other ones. I wish he’d worn the ones I gave him at his book signing last year… that would have been funny! He gave the award for best British single, which JLS won and he did the little ‘Beat Again’ dance. I love him. He can do no wrong. Another funny presenter (although not as good as Alan, obvs) was Jonathon Ross who came out dressed looking like a twat to be quite honest. He looked ridiculous, but it was funny! Baggy jeans, a hat, chains etc, he claimed Dizzee Rascal had styled him! He gave an award to Gaga who went up to accept it with her tea-cup and saucer she famously took onto his show when he interviewed her. Genius! I also really enjoyed Jay Z (possibly the coolest man to walk this planet) and Alicia Keys performance. Flawless. Loved it, just not her hair. It was nearly as big as Gaga's!

My personal favourite moment of the evening and there's no surprises here, was obviously the babe that is Cheryl Cole. If you don't like her/like people who like her please skip this paragraph. Yes she mimed. Get over it. Whether you like it or not you cannot deny that her performance was one of the most anticipated of the whole evening. And I for one thought it was extremo brave to get up on the stage and be there, let alone sing her ironically titled song 'Fight for this Love' and actually Cheryl if you're reading this (you never know, stranger things have happened) don't fight for that love, please just ditch him. You can do, and deserve a lot better. Anyway back to her performance, it was a remixed version with 'You've got to show me love'. She opened it looking a lot like MJ and then changed halfway through into a little black number whilst continually busting out some major moves. I loved it, but I love her so there we go :) The only thing I was a bit peeved about was the fact she didn't dump him live on air. That would have been priceless!  After her performance, host Peter Kay quickly quipped ''Fight For This Love, never a truer word spoken.'' Sadly the performance was all we got to see of her as she kept herself very much to herself (I'm not surprised with people like Kay making comments like that!) She cancelled all backstage interviews, didn't enter via the red carpet and generally kept a low profile until her performance. She also controversially didn't wear her wedding ring *good sign* sadly though she was spotted wearing it on a flight to LA earlier today *bad sign* Oh Cheryl please see sense and leave him!



Anyway although I was super jealous with all the tweets coming in from the lucky people there sat at the tables and at the aftershow party, I was snuggled up in my slanket eating pancakes. So it wasn't all bad!

As for today, it’s been pretty uneventful, Mr Sunshine made an appearance which is always nice, I popped up to uni, came home painted my nails and sorted out my wardrobes. I have way loads of clothes but whenever I go to choose something to wear I can never find anything. Why is this? I also decided to give up crisps for lent, I did chocolate last year which was a killer but I managed it by binging on sweets! Today however, I started craving crisps around midday, so munched on some snack-a-jacks (defo not as good) so it’ll be interesting to see how this year works out! I have faith though, mainly because I’m doing it with my mini-me Louise *waves* Anyway with that said I’m off to dream about crisps *sigh* Night xo

No comments:

Post a Comment