Monday 8 February 2010

Valentines "Schmalentines!"

Bonjour, Mes Amis! (for all those who aren't up to my high(!!) standard in French that means "Hello, my friends!") There's nothing quite like the sexy francais language to open up a blog, wahey! It also fits perfectly with the romantic (that's debateable!!) theme of today's entry!

My week was kick started with 'This Morning' and their sickening 'Love Week'. *Oh jeez pass me a bucket* Now, don't get me wrong, Valentine's Day is nice and all, but a whole week of nothing but utter soppy-ness on day-time television is quite frankly unnecessary and a BIG turn-off. I mean in today's show alone, they were renewing vows, making finger food to feed to each other with and Darius was there singing some no doubt disgusting love song (but by this point I had had enough and muted it so I can't tell you what it was!) It wasn't exactly what I want to wake up to, but hey! Thank the Lord for Alexandra Burke on Loose Women after, phew! After that I then went to buy a smoothie for my poor sore throat and en-route (thats French for on the way!) I passed the Valentine's Day card section and thought I better purchase one. After looking through practically every single one of them I came to the conclusion that, Valentine's Day is the most ridiculous day EVER. The cards had me cringing like I have never cringed before (and trust me, I've cringed!) At one point I had to wipe actual tears from my eyes, it was too much. I was laughing inside so hard but had to keep a straight face as there were customers who were genuinely going to buy them! Some of the lines on them were literally horrendous. All this "You're the one for me" "I love you so much" "To the owner of the sexiest bum" "For the one I love" "You make life worth living" "I'll let you have the cover, if you let me have what's underneath it" and a personal favourite of mine "I love your soul.... (The body that it's inside is rather lush too)" Oh sweet mother of Jesus. Please have mercy. I mean seriously who the hell comes up with these? Whatever happened to just "Happy Valentine's Day" Gah! So anyway, *shock-horror* I left without purchasing one. Oh and I also forgot to buy my smoothie because I was too preoccupied in getting myself the hell out of there, for my own sanity.

Moving on from that somewhat distressing subject and onto what's becoming my favourite part of my blog and it's the second edition of... *dun dun dunnnn* *dims lights*
Emma's favourite tweet from the last 24 hours (or so..) *Applause*
I have a couple of favourite tweets today but they all come from the same person. That person being..... *drum roll, followed by a stupidly long pause like Dermot does on the X Factor.... yawn* It's the one and only Burke Babe! (@MrDavidBurke)
His hilarious tweets started last night. Whilst I was watching Dancing on Ice I became witness to something that sickened me to the core. Heather Mills hoof of a camel toe. Vile. Anyway I felt like I was about to vom and so naturally obviously had to tweet about it "Oh gah I wish Heather had got through this week, just so I didn't have to see the toe of all camel toes AGAIN. GAHHHH. Count me out!" A few minutes later and up on my homepage appears this "Can somebody help me, what is a camel toe?" from David, who had seen my tweet and was obviously curious about what I was referring to. A few more minutes later and another update "Oh So THAT'S what a camel toe is, that caused uproar to my replies haha. I asked because @emmybabee tweeted it and I got confused lol!" Hahaaa I was chuckling away to myself! He managed to swiftly move on from the somewhat awkward situation with this beauty "Moving on from camel toe-gate :P, what's everyone's plans for valentines?" Talk about being a Smooth Operator! Then this morning I saw this "Special shout-out to everyone to follow the upcoming blogstar @emmybabee, lovely lady! WOOP! Xx" This made me smile big time (my cheeks actually ached) and I'm hoping that being mentioned in a blog will do the same thing to you BurkeBabe! ♥ (minus the cheek-aching. That's not cool)

I was also introduced to an absolute time-waster of a game. But one that nevertheless literally amazes me (Thanks Louise!!) I've spent at least half an hour trying to catch it out and haven't succeeded yet... please let me know if it gets one of yours wrong! Basically just click on the English flag and then think of a person and answer the questions he asks you and he'll guess who you're thinking about! Freaky! There's obviously some technical and logical explanation for it but I'm too dumb to work that out so in my eyes its just pure magic! Have a go for yourself at
http://pikabu.ru/view/yetot_dzhin_ugadyivaet_lyubogo_personazha_kotorogo_vyi_zagadaete__19197

Anyway I do believe I have reached the end of another blog. So Au revoir, Ben a toit (Goodbye, see you tomorrow!) I'm off to go and listen to Girls Aloud - I can't speak French! (I had to google how to say goodbye, see you tomorrow in French! Gah. And that's coming from someone who got a B in their French GCSE! Shameful.) xo

I'd also like to thank Soph for ringing me twice in the last half hour but not saying a single word. Instead just playing Jedwards song down the phone! That's Spousey Love for you! "Too cold, too cold! Ice Ice Baby" J'adore. (I totally knew that one without even Google-ing! Proud!)

2 comments:

  1. Sure is spousey love for you.

    too cold too cold.. ice ice babyy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many cards you got to buy for your army of admirers then? lol agree..very slushy

    ReplyDelete