Tuesday 9 February 2010

I'm one excited little Heat reader...

Lucie Cave: the Executive Editor of Heat Magazine (aka my bible) tweeted me. Yes ME, little old Emma Jamieson. The journalism student who works part time as a checkout-girl but dreams of being a celebrity journalist (or a celebrity, I’m not fussy either way!) Crickey! What a turn up for the books that was! Get comfy my little blogettes because here we go!

Let me set the scene; there I was feeling a little sorry for myself and wallowing in my own self pity as I wasn’t getting any off anyone else (where’s Kian when you need him?) I still wasn’t feeling 100% and I’d been window shopping “computer-screen-shopping” and staring at THE classic Chanel bag for at least ten minutes, knowing full well I couldn’t afford it and that Halifax were never going to up my student overdraft anymore. Maybe if I just stare at it REALLY hard for a REALLY long time it’ll magically jump out of my laptop and onto my bed next to me? Alas, no such luck. So I turned to the thing that in recent weeks has become my BFF… step forward Twitter. There I was tweeting away about Glee and whatnot when I see a new mention of @emmybabee (that’s me by the way) and it’s from LUCIE CAVE. I screamed. My mum came running in. She looked terrified. Then she looked confused. “What are you screaming for?” “LUCIE CAVE HAS JUST REPLIED TO ME ON TWITTER I ASKED HER TO READ MY BLOG BECAUSE I MENTIONED HER OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD.” (all said in one breath) “OH MY GOD LUCIE CAVE, AS IN LUCIE CAVE FROM HEAT MAGAZINE?” “YES MUM LUCIE-HEAT-MAGAZINE-CAVE.” …Cue perfectly timed and quite high pitched screaming together! (My mum is also an avid Heat magazine reader. What can I say, like mother, like daughter!) Anyway back to the story, after catching my breath and trying to compose myself, I fought through my excitement to attempt to read out loud what she had written “Ooh I shall have a gander. Thank you x” …Unfortunately the excitement won and I ended up saying “Ooh I sh-AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH” and continued to scream until I felt a little light headed and realised I could probably do with an in-take of oxygen. So I breathed. “Pardon what Em?” my mum questioned? I shoved the laptop in her face and pointed to what she needed to read “Lucie Cavie? At Emmy babe? Ooh…” (One thing I thankfully do not take after from my mum is her inability to grasp technology. Yes she can text but she sends them with these weird smiley faces, the ones you used when you were like 12. And yes she can surf the net for celebrity gossip and shopping, but give her Twitter and she’s clueless. As was I a few months back though to be fair… anyway I’m waffling..) “Gander what?” “My blog, I mentioned her the other day.” I replied. That’s when it hit me. OH MY GOD she’s going to read my blog. Please God don’t have any silly little spelling mistakes!

In the excitement I rang someone who I knew would listen and be excited with me. Tash; my fellow wannabe journo! She didn’t disappoint and seemed genuinely excited about it all too. Such a babe! Thanks Tash! I also want to quickly thank Nat and David for also sharing my excitement with me and listen to me waffle on and on about it all! Thanks babes! In retrospect I suppose it should be a little bit embarrassing that it only took 8 simple words in the reply, and here I am writing a huge blog on it, but it literally felt better than Christmas! Having updated my facebook status to “OMG LUCIE CAVE AKA THE EXEC EDITOR OF HEAT IS JUST ABOUT TO READ MY BLOG AND I QUOTE "@emmybabee oooh I shall have a gander! Thankyou x" OMGGGG NO BIGGIE. AAAHHHHH EXCUSE ME WHILST I RUN AROUND MY HOUSE SCREAMING!!” I gathered myself and tried to act how a normal sane person would. Massive fail! I was too excited, so it was back to running around the house screaming! I couldn’t believe it. I had tweeted her a couple of days ago with a link to my blog on the off chance that she might glance and see my name and then move onto her next message. Not once did I ever think Lucie Cave would read it and reply to me. I mean she works for Heat (not sure if I’ve mentioned that bit?!) she’s got to be way too busy for wannabe’s like myself!

You all how much I love Heat, I don’t need to tell you that (but I’m going to tell you again, regardless), you know the fact I’ve been subscribed for 3 years, that I have a stash under my bed (wow I sound like my younger brother. Although those aren’t Heat!) yes Heat is being discussed in my dissertation, and yes Heatworld is my internet homepage, blah blah blah. You already know it all. So I’m hoping you understand and accept my excitement seeing as I'm such a Heat-addict. Anyway she read my blog (which you guys, my little readers should also take as a huge compliment. You’re reading the same stuff as Lucie Cave guys, WOO congrats!) and thanked me for giving her the title for my first ever favourite tweet. Lucie, if you’re reading this *squeal* (note to self: check for spelling mistakes) you are more than welcome! Thank you for actually reading it. Wowee.

So there we have it, another very excited blog from yours truly about Twitter and the marvellous people at Heat. Also I would like the 8th of February to hence forward be known as ‘The-day-that-Lucie-Cave-tweeted-Emma-and-read-her-blog.’ Amen to that. And yes, I defo did print screen the web-page and set it as my desktop background. I’m sure Jedward would understand that anything involving Heat and one of their Editors comes first, so they had to go! And yes I did make that picture up there ^^ myself. I know, I know, my design is second to none! Well that’s it, I’m off to read my Heat magazine, after all today is Tuesday which can mean only one thing. HEAT DAY. Oh yes, life is sweet :)

P.S. I wonder how many times I’ve written Heat in this blog… quite a lot I’m guessing. Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat, there’s a few more to add to the total! Byeee xo

No comments:

Post a Comment