Sunday 14 February 2010

14.02.10 ... possibly the best Valentine's Day EVER! ♥

Good evening everyone, and a very Happy Valentine's Day (better late than never?!) to you all. I hope you've all had lovely days filled with love (or plenty of alcohol and laughter for us singletons! Wooopla) I for one have had a lovely day, even though I spent the majority of it at work!

I awoke to breakfast in bed (nice touch, thank you) And was then spoilt with some gifts the main one being a PINK SNUGGIE! Yes I am now a snuggie-owner and its pink. Hooorahhh! (He's obviously an avid reader of my blog and saw how I wrote about it the other day... and in which case: Thank you Kian ♥!) I was also given a box of happy hippos, a lovely card, some roses and a bottle of my favourite rose... So I was off to work with a super-happyface!


Having arrived at work and having wished everyone I passed a Happy Valentine's Day (even some old man who was mumbling to himself outside the store - I told you I was in a good mood!) I was informed that there was a card for me. Must be from Dermot I thought! Hahaa I effing wish! The red envelope said:
"MY LOVE EMMA JAYMESUN. PLEASE PASS THIS ON (SUNDAY)"
Ha well obviously my first thought was 'Jaymesun' what the hell hahaa that is an original way of spelling my last name! And my second thought was that it was going to be pure cheese... I opened it up and I wasn't disappointed!
"Valentine I'm all weak with wanting. I'm dizzy with desire. I'm passing out with passion" was written on the front and inside "Because baby you light my fire."
This alone had me in hysterics, and I hadn't even got to the good part yet! A piece of paper was folded inside so I opened it up to find a poem, possibly the best poem I had ever read/will ever read. And here it is, in it's full glory... (Oh and in case you didn't know, my part time job is a checkout girl...)

Emma without knowing you changed my world with a blink of an eye,
that is something that I simply cannot deny.
You put my soul from worst to best,
that is why I treasure you more than your chest.
Just like a bag for life you’ll never wear thin,
despite the fact people put them in the bin.
You really are an angel sent from above;
I wish you would care for me and shower me with love
Every time I see you I can’t help stop and stare,
there you are flicking your luscious brown hair.
You could give me a life that would be worthwhile,
it would be even better than your checkout smile.
You sit at your till and glamorously chill,
that’s why I’m so glad you’re rarely ill.
You could make my dreams come true
just by simply saying “I love you”
I have honestly found what I am looking for,
a checkout girl who gives much, much more.
I don’t need a green token coz you’re all that matters,
when you look at me my heart goes to tatters.
I wish we could talk till the end of day
but in work hours I best stay away.
The customers adore you it’s not hard to see why;
it only takes a twinkle in your pretty blue eye.


HAHAAAA I'm laughing to myself even now having read it over like 50 times! And they've even colour co-ordinated it! Literally the funniest thing EVER! I'm actually going to treasure it! And will the author please confess.. I'd really love some more poems; you rock!!!

My day ended with my most favourite Valentine of all: my babe, Nat. We went to the cinema to watch 'Valentine's Day' along with way too many grossly loved up couples. Seriously girls, why would you accept that on Valentine's Day? A trip to the cinema? Wow you lot are easily pleased! Anyway I'll write more about the film tomorrow, it's going to be a corker!!

Anyway I hope you've all had a fricking lush day, and I'll leave you with this badboy, it was actually taken after seeing JLS. I wore it because "Everybody in LOVE go put your hands up" Yes I know, I'm a sad act! Anyway it seems like the perfect picture to end this day/blog on!

 



Lots of love and BIG kisses
Em xo

No comments:

Post a Comment