Thursday 11 March 2010

Moolah

Welcome to my second blog of the day, what a treat! This one’s topic will be moolah aka money. The stuff I think I am actually addicted to spending. Even when I don’t have any I make a mental note of what to buy when I do have some. It’s terrible, but I actually can’t stop. I think I need to go to rehab for shopping addicts, where they don’t let you out or near a computer (online is often one of my greatest downfalls) for like a month. Although saying that I’d probably go insane and dig my way out with a spoon in a tunnel, which would end up straight underneath Topshop Oxford Street! (Geography may not be one of my talents but being able to find a Topshop is!!...)

So in an earlier blog I informed you all that this month, March 2010, I was going to crack it. I was going to be “good." However the whole 60p a day equation I worked out lasted about 5 hours when I bought a can of coke. It cost 80p. From then onwards it hasn't been much better “Oh look a new pair of shoes. I defo need them.” *rolls eyes* I remember the day well, sat in Lucy’s room whilst Tash was sleeping off her dirty hangover. We entered the This Morning and Loose Women competitions thinking we were going to win 30k so we could buy our mini’s which we have longed for for so long. Needless to say we didn’t either. Then came the budget. “Budget? What the hell, isn’t that something politicians do or whatnot?” I thought to myself. Oh no, Lucy has one too and her outgoings were at least triple her incomings. Nice work babe! Now was my time. To be fair I don’t have to pay for that much, phone bill and petrol. That’s it. No rent or food. I know I live a cushty life and I’m very grateful! *Thanks Mum and Dad* I worked it out to the extreme by spending literally NOTHING that I had exactly 60p a day, and as I’ve already said, that didn’t last too long! The other bad thing is that I know deep down that I don’t NEED the dress as I have too many in my wardrobe but its new and shiny and lovely and it would make me feel happy. Shopping seriously cheers me up, University depresses me beyond believe and with West Quay just a five minute walk away it’s just got DEBT written all over it. Sigh.

So anyway today it was announced that the company I work for (not sure if I’d get a slapped wrist for naming it?! Watch the news or ask me in person if you don’t already know, which you blates already do!!) Anyway *sorry another quick topic change* having started writing these blogs I’ve noticed I don’t have babble on... BACK. TO. THE. TOPIC. The company I work for announced that we would all be receiving a 15% bonus. Yip to the eeeeeeeeee. Which works out at 8 weeks pay, for free. Lovely jubbly thank you very much. Now I don’t want to sound ungrateful because I love the fact we get bonuses but a 900% bonus would have been nicer. I’d then haven been able to buy the orange mini! Anyway so I worked out in my head how much it would be and voila I came up with 3 options...
1. Put it towards paying off the Student Overdraft.
2. Buy a Mulberry bag.
3. Go on a HUGE splurge in Topshop.

Now it’s obvious I’d LOVE to do either option 2 or 3, well actually I could do both. But 1 would be the more sensible option. Shudder. I hate the S word. Sensible. Gross. What’s the fun in being sensible anyway? “Living a life without debt Emma, that’s what” “Yes mum and dad” Sadface. Seeing as this year I will be leaving uni and entering the real world I guess it’s time I became sensible. Hmm... or not?!

To end this blog I’ll leave you with possibly the most exciting thing that happened to me today *I lead such a tragic life* I smelt my first BBQ... well it was either that or a fire?! No I’m pretty sure it was a BBQ and it made me extremely excited for summer. I literally cannot wait.

With that all out of my system it’s time for Klute... Adios xo

No comments:

Post a Comment