Tuesday 26 January 2010

My very first blog...

I remember on my very first day of uni we had a meet and greet with the lecturers, one of which (I can't remember who or their name. Just shows how much attention I paid!... anyway I digress) whoever they were stated that if we left with anything less than a first for our degree it would have been a waste of 3 years, and near enough 10 grand! Lovely, nothing like a bit of optimism on your first day, hey! And that we should also start up our own blogs.... so half way through my third and final year, and here I am! I've made a blog! Gold star for me, what a model Journalism student I am!!

I should actually be writing an article about fashion for the over fifties and how to avoid the catastrophe that is "mutton dressed as lamb" right about now (well either that or be asleep) but this seems much more appealing than the first option, and I’m way too awake for the latter! I mean this blog is amazing; I can literally blabber about ANYTHING I like. It's like a facebook status or twitter update, just without the annoying character limit. Genius. Back to my article, I suppose I shouldn't complain about the topic I have to write this week, as next week it’s going to be about politics. Shudder. All those you know me will know that politics and I go together like a pair of new Christian Louboutins and muddy field... not very well, and it can get very messy. I've always had a very short attention span unless I'm really interested in the topic (a trait I'd really like to change about myself) so unless it involves celebrity gossip or glitter I often don’t care! Even the word politics upsets me, when said out loud I think it sounds very harsh and almost threatening. The only thing I like about the topic is Michelle Obama. The woman is an actual babe. She is marvellous and I was lucky enough to be in New York (Times Square waving a little American flag to be exact) at the time of Obama's inauguration, and of that day I remember standing in the middle of the road looking around at the beautiful city and abnormal lack of yellow cabs (it was obviously overcrowded with people watching the monumentus event) and the amazing pastel yellow skirt-suit clashed with green leather gloves that Michelle wore. Not many people would dare to wear such colours, let alone pull it off... like I said: she’s a babe!

Anyway enough on politics, even I can’t make it fun so I’m going to have a nice little subject change and onto my friends. Back in the day, when I was like 7, I seriously thought that a best friend was only ever classed as your actual best friend when you had the bracelet or necklace set. You know the ones, where one of you would have best and the other friend? I had loads of them, and loads of different ‘best friends’ And they were always made out of that rubbish metal that turned your wrist green. Bonus! Anyway things have changed in 13 years and I now realise the title is only earned by a very select few. Friends who you don’t necessarily need to speak to every day, but when you need to will be able to put the smile back on your face within seconds. Friends who you can laugh at hysterically when they fall over and they won’t be offended. Friends who don’t need to say anything just look and you know exactly what they are thinking, which is normally “what on earth is she wearing?!” And friends who you can tell anything without doubting their loyalty. I can honestly say that I can count my true friends on just one hand and although that sounds a little depressing, I wouldn’t change it at all!


Now another swift topic change onto shopping. I. Seriously. Need. To. Go. Shopping. Else I fear I may self combust. There’s just one slight problem stopping me, I am severely lacking the funds to do so (and yes it defo was pay-day yesterday, pfft!) This is the only thing I am envious of with my full-time working friends, their pay cheques at the end of the month, however I’m sure they are all jealous of my lazy student lifestyle so I guess we’re even! I really want to go and splurge in Topshop without worrying if I’m about to go over my student overdraft… AGAIN! I long for a new pair of shoes, a handbag (preferably Chanel or Mulberry) designer makeup and one of the ski-looking knitted hair bands. Oh and whilst I’m listing what I want, I also REALLY want an orange mini convertible with matching orange interior, but working one day a week at Waitrose definitely isn’t going to fund that, is it! So if any generous person sees this blog oozing desperation, please PLEASE feel free to buy me any of the above. Consider it your good deed for the day? Now some people (I won't call them friends because they clearly don't know me) often suggest that I should attempt to “window shop”. I’ve done this once, and once only. It genuinely made me want to die. I couldn’t think of anything worse than walking around the shops, seeing all these beautiful things, just sitting on the hangers, waiting for you to pick them up and buy them, and just walking past. I mean seriously, where is the fun in that because I personally don’t see any.


Well anyway that’s enough of me rambling on, and there we go, that my friends was my first ever blog. And I have to say I found it rather therapeutic, I should have started this in my first year! (Darn!) And it’s come to a total of 974 words … which is roughly 973 more words than I’ve written for my article! Sweet! So with that I bid you farewell. Take care, and stay sexy! xo xo

P.S. What a rare sight... VB was spotted out in FLATS yesterday after a flight from London to LAX!!! (Apparently her bunions have become to much to cope with.. however I don't believe VB suffers from such vile things) As per, she looks AMAZING and so she would, afterall she is a genuine Goddess. Thats all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment