Tuesday 26 January 2010

Face flat to the floor..

A certain babe has just read my first blog and knew straight away exactly who I was referring to with the whole falling over situation, and to be honest it's too funny a story to not tell, so without mentioning any names ;) here we go....

It all happened last April (2009) it was nearing my 20th birthday and I had found THE dress I needed for the special occasion, however it was all sold out on the Lipsy website. So the person in question came up with the genius idea that Selfridges stocked Lipsy and maybe it would be worth a trip up for a little look. We decided on a day and off we went to Oxford Street. First stop was obviously Topshop... as if there was any question! And then it was off to Selfridges. However to get there you have to cross several roads. Now I'm sure you all know (or at least can imagine) how busy London is, especially Oxford Street. So imagine the complete hilarity of crossing the road at the very last moment where the green man is flashing soon to be replaced with the red one, when her flip-flop fell off in the middle of the road and she carried on walking! She obviously then noticed as it was probably a bit cold on her poor little foot and hopped back to fetch the lonely flip-flop in the middle of the road only just managing not to be run over by several taxis. I being the amazing friend that I am stood on the island in the middle of the road, completely safe and absolutely howling with laughter. It actually made me cry, the tears were streaming down my face. It was literally one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life, and I think several other people who witnessed it would agree with this, especially with the looks, car horns and laughter she was receiving! Ever since then whenever I've crossed that part of Oxford Street I've chuckled to myself, but more importantly I've made sure my shoes were on properly as I didn't want to be the next victim!!

Now as if that wasn't enough laughter for one day we also paid a visit to Westfield's after the incident and after looking around there we were making our way back to the car. We had successfully remembered the level we had parked on, paid for our ticket, now all we needed to do was make it back to the car safely (which by the way, we had parked RIGHT by the door so there wasn't very much walking needed). Anyway the doors slid open and out she stepped and within a split second she was sprawled face down flat on the floor, like a starfish. Cue the hysterical laughter causing tears to stream down my face once again! And just like before, being the incredible friend that I am, I did nothing! But then within another split second she was back on her feet and literally sprinting to the car with her head held firmly down, with onlookers who had looked a little concerned at first now chuckling away to themselves. I on the other hand, couldn't physically move with laughing so ruddy much! Once I did make my way to the car she was sat there, head in hands full on cringing, whilst I carried on to laugh in her face, and also promised not to tell anyone or mention what had happened ever again....!

So I guess the moral of my story is to not wear flip flops shopping and to look out for curbs! Hahaa!... And also if the story is this funny even if I promise not to tell, I defo will!


P.S. I have just laughed my way through writing this whole blog! And I can honestly say it'll make me laugh every time I think of it!

P.P.S. For any of those who were wondering, I actually managed to get the dress for Selfridges, so it was a good day all round for me! Result!

P.P.P.S. Oh Hiya Nat!!!x

2 comments:

  1. awwww that was brilliant! I hope we've learned the moral of never shopping in flip-flops AGAIN! lol

    ps good luck with the blogs emms xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this, it made me chuckle all the way threw it. I now will never wear flip flops shopping lol!. This has made my day, look forward to reading more :)


    Joanne Dawn.

    xx

    ReplyDelete