Friday 15 April 2011

The (over-used) Emma's Acronyms Dictionary

After my last blog I felt I needed to write something a little lighter afterwards, a blog that will hopefully make for an easier read...
For those of you I know (actually and those of you who are just regular readers of my blogs that I don't physically speak to) I'm guessing you all will have probably picked up on my love for acronyms. An acronym is a kind of abbreviation. The word actually comes from Greek, meaning heads of names. Acronyms are usually made from the capitalised initials of the words it represents, for example FML is an acronym for Fuck My Life. I say FML at least once a day, without fail. I'm pretty certain it annoys a lot of people, but I genuinely do not GAS. (Read on to find out what that means if you don't already!) FML was probably the first acronym I fell in love with. Growing up I'd over-used "LOL" and "OMG" on msn, but FML was the one that changed everything. It was the acronym that made me start making up my own. And here I am now, writing a 'dictionary' of them! (Please note I'm using the term 'dictionary' in its loosest form!) Anyway, recently whilst teaching several, let’s say, “older” people, some of the more common acronyms, I thought it would make for quite an amusing blog to have them all written down. So here they are; in alphabetical order, a bit like a 'dictionary' if you would..

BS - Bullshit.
CBA - Can’t Be Arsed.
CHS - Cold Hearted Slut. (For example, myself and Kelly.)
CTFO - Chill The Fuck Out.
DFW - Down For Whatever.
DILLIGAF - Do I Look Like I Give A Fuck?
DTF - Down To Fuck.
DTS - Down To Snuggle. (This doesn't occur very often being a CHS.)
DPMO - Don’t Piss Me Off.
FFS - For Fuck Sake.
FML - Fuck My Life.
FOL - Fuck Our Lives.
FS - If I told you what this meant, I’d have to kill you. Soz! Hi Kelly :)
FYL - Fuck Your Life.

FYLYC - Fuck Your Life You C... (I'll leave you to decide which C word you want to use!)

FYI – For Your Information.

GAS - Give A Shit.
GTL - Gym Tan Laundry.
HLF - Hot Like Fire. (For example, Rihanna.)
HML – Heart/Hate My Life. (Depending on your mood.)
IFF - I’m Fucked Foundation.
ILY - I Love You. (This is rarely said as a CHS.)
KMT - Kiss My Teeth.
LOL - Laughing Out Loud.
MIA - Missing In Action.
NALGO - Not A Lot Going On.
NGL – Not Gonna Lie.
OMG - Oh My God.
RAS - Rihanna Ain’t Skinny. (This one comes in handy when having a fat-day!)
SOS - Same Old Shit/Save Our Souls. (Once again, depends on your mood.)
SSDD - Same Shit, Different Day.
STFU - Shut The Fuck Up.
TMI - Too Much Info.
WFL - Way Fricking Lush. (This is my personal favourite at the moment.)
WTF - What The Fuck?

If I’ve missed any out please do let me know of them so I can add them in and expand this WFL dictionary even further…!x

No comments:

Post a Comment