Monday 11 April 2011

Brihanna ♥

I've been saying (for several weeks) that it was about time I wrote another blog. I mean it's been sat here all alone, looking all pretty with its new layout but with no new posts to show off. Shameful. Anyway I had a few ideas but never got round to doing them. I knew it would take something really important, really worthwhile and really jaw-droppingly "Oh. My. God. That is frigging amazingly incredibly lush" to break my blog-drought..

Step forward the news last night of a Rihanna and Britney S&M remix. Boom, now that's a blog-worthy topic if ever there was one! Prepare yourselves darlings for what will be an over excited omg-is-this-actually-happening style blog..

Now, as you all well know I love Britney Spears. You should also, by now, be aware that my love for Rihanna is also very strong. However let's start with Britney, this love affair started at a young age. 1999, Year 5, aged 9 to be precise. Dancing and singing around the house with my next door neighbours to Hit Me Baby One More Time in our school uniforms pretending we were Brit was a regular occurence after school. I've bought all her albums and songs ever since, however I upped my fan-game in 2009. I went to see her Circus tour twice. It and she were incredible. The second time around I went VIP and was close enough to see her eyelashes. Life was sweet! Now onto Rihanna. To describe whom I actually only need to use one word: BANGING.

Anyway let me set the scene for you: there I was, around 11pm last night, moping in bed because of my wrist (I fell over when intoxicated and sprained and popped it out of place) so I thought I'd have one last little look on Twitter before I went to sleep, when I saw Rihanna's latest update saying "Its BRITNEY BITCH!!!" Obviously I clicked on it straight away (any mention of Brit and I'm straight on the case) and I read the post before which said "I got a #SEXY collabo comin your way supa dupa soon!!!! OH YEAH!!! By popular demand...." My heart stopped. I quickly headed over to Britney's page to see if she'd said anything and sure enough there was an update "@rihanna You're such a tease! I like it, like it.... -Britney" RIHANNA AND BRITNEY. Oh Sweet Mother of Jesus someone pinch me I must be dreaming. I genuinely thought I'd taken too many ibuprofens and was hallucinating. Thankfully I wasn't. My newsfeed went crazy, there were excited updates galore, a lot of retweeting and obviously Rihanna and Britney become a worldwide trending topic, within minutes! I updated my facebook status (which is only done on special occasions) and sent out a few texts! Normally after such exciting news I would have stayed up waiting to find out some more details, however the painkillers I'd taken for my wrist knocked me out so my excitement would have to wait till tomorrow.

Tomorrow (today) arrived and I was in a reasonable amount of pain, so headed off to A + E. Boooooring. Anyway when I returned home I found that there had been a leak of the S&M remix and so I turned my phone and tv both off and turned the laptop speakers right up. Now, I hate to be obvious, but I freaking LOVED it. And in case you haven't heard it yet, have a listen for yourself below..



It opens with Brit "na na na-ing" and then has the original opening verse by Rihanna and then the chorus. Next up is Britney's verse, my favourite line of which is "If I'm bad, tie my down, shut me up, gag and bound" and after she too sings the chorus. It is just incredible. My two favourite female artists coming together, on one of my favourite songs, I couldn't have asked for much more.. apart from maybe a video. Fingers crossed ay! I have now listened to it well over 30 times and can happily say hand on heart that it is easily my favourite song of 2011.

Stuff the chains and whips, a Rihanna and Britney remix excites me way more!

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh the song is great!!! I LOVE both singers too! You're so lucky you got to see Brit in concert! :O
    I haven't made a Blog post in a few days (it's been way to nice out to sit on the computer!), so stay tuned! I think I'll get one up today ;D
    *Hugs!*
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete