Saturday 12 May 2012

Cheryl - Call My Name


It’s a well known fact that I love Cheryl Cole. I love her music, her style, her hair, her personality: everything. In fact I love her so much that a friend once slagged her off (on facebook) about an outfit she wore on The X Factor (the gold cage dress) and I was so outraged I deleted the biatch and haven’t spoken to her since. True story. Anyway, I digress, basically Cheryl is my British version of Britney, and we all know how much I heart Brit…! So imagine my absolute delight when it was announced that Cheryl had a new song coming out: Call My Name. I’m sure it’ll come as no surprise to hear that I obviously loved the Calvin Harris-produced track after my first listen and immediately made it my ringtone, text message tone and alarm - you can never have too much Cheryl. Before the song (which will be the first released from her third studio album A Million Lights, due out June 18th) was released there were loads of pictures of her upcoming video for it doing the rounds across magazines, newspapers, twitter and other websites. She (quite obviously) looked amazing, as ever. I was in fan girl heaven.

After the initial excitement of hearing Call My Name had dwindled (only ever so slightly though!) I was craving the video like David Walliams craves Simon. And would you believe it, Cheryl only went and released it the day before my birthday didn’t she! Yet another reason to love her and I was transported back to my fan girl heaven.

I knew just 5 seconds in to the video that we were onto a gooden as there was a close up of her shoes. They were orange - WINNER. Cheryl then proceeded to walk through a tunnel (your guess is as good as mine) swoosh her hair around a bit, have “The only way to a woman’s heart is along the path of torment. Marquis De Sade” come up as subtitles (again I’m not entirely sure) and then continued to walk through some puddle and take off her jacket to toss aside, whilst heading towards a group of guys who were all strategically leaning against cars ready to dance. How convenient. Oh by the way, all of that happens whilst there were a few close up bum shots thrown in for good measure/to also show off her new tattoo (more on that later.) Nearly a minute in and the beat starts, the song kicks in and the dance routines begin. The dance routines pretty much last the entire video. There are, of course as I’ve already mentioned, the odd slow mo bum shot/wriggle against a wall/sultry pose/hair swoosh thrown in to break them up.

A few things that I noticed whilst watching/analysing the 4 minutes and 29 second long video are as follows:
1.       Cheryl has absolutely lovely shoulders.
2.       She’s clearly been working flat out as she has some serious guns.
3.       What’s with the beauty spot? Is she doing a Kelly Rowland on us?
4.       The first time I watched it I actually thought Eva Longoria made a cameo as there are certain shots in which Cheryl totally resembles her!
5.       If you took away the music there were also several moments captured that could be used for her L’Oreal campaign.

Now although I firmly believe that Cheryl can do no wrong her new tattoo gets a massive thumbs down from me (absolutely vile) as do the weird MC Hammer pants that she prances around in. There is also no storyline to follow throughout the video, which I didn’t really enjoy. However having just watched “Shooting Cheryl” (not literally, just the video) she said that she had a lot of input and knew that she wanted a lot of dancing (as it’s a dance track) with an 80’s vibe. She wanted it to be like Fresh Prince of Bell Air, which would explain the clothing at least! Now although I’ll happily admit that it is by no means the best video I’ve ever seen, it is one of Cheryl’s, and to be honest she could sit in a dark room and not move for the entire 4 and a half minutes and I’d still think it was incredible, so err, bite me. Biased? Me? Coh, never!

I’d like to end this blog by saying how bloomin’ lovely it is to have Cheryl back in my life, long may she reign. Oh and also if anyone knows where she got her colourful blazer from please do tell me as I need that in my life, stat.

Oh and FYI Call My Name has now been listened to on my iTunes 108 times (I had it on repeat for about a week, standard) and I’ve probably watched the video well over 30 times. Talking of which, I think it’s about time I watched it again. Over and out xo

(Actually before I go, I realise that this blog is very slow off the mark for me; however I’ve been without internet, which will be the topic of my next blog. Prepare yourselves! Now I’m seriously going, bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment