Tuesday 15 May 2012

Britney Spears: The X Factor Judge!


Last night felt like Christmas. The announcement I had been waiting for was finally confirmed. Britney Spears is going to be a judge on USA X Factor. Now, although rumours have been floating around for a couple of months and in the last few weeks it seemed more and more likely, to finally hear and see it be confirmed was incredible. (In fact the last time I was this excited over an X Factor Judge was when Cheryl left us to join the USA version. Fingers crossed Brit doesn’t go the same way she did…)

Yesterday was a long day. I was up early (5am) and was flagging by 5pm after watching the final Desperate Housewives episode (read my previous blog for more on that) so I made the executive decision to take a nap. Although I slept very easily (I was shattered) I was eager to wake up to hear more news about Britney. It had been confirmed that she was in New York, which is where the Fox Upfronts would be taking place. It seemed more and more likely that she was going to be a judge and I for one was absolutely loving it but was refusing to get too excited before I had confirmation from either Britney or Simon.

Around 9pm was when it started to kick off, pictures started emerging of Britney arriving at the venue and then BOOM she tweeted the confirmation all of us Britney fans had so desperately been waiting for:


Twitter went crazy. I was in fan girl heaven. Britney is an X Factor judge, how bloomin’ brilliant is that. A weekly dose of Britney – I couldn’t ask for much more!

A few minutes later and Simon Cowell also tweeted:

“Can't believe it's finally happened. Very exciting! @thexfactorusa #xfactor #SimonBritneyDemiLa http://say.ly/Mru3jfc

This was it. I was tweeting in over-drive and many made jokes about how I would end up in twitter jail again before long. However strangely enough that never happened! After the confirmation came an influx of pictures and boy did Britney look good. Her hair looked sleek, her tan was glowing and her body looked toned. It would be VERY hard for anyone to try and argue that she’s not back to her best.

Having looked at the worldwide trends I was highly amused to find that #BritneyXFactor was trending whereas #SimonBritneyDemiLa wasn’t. That spoke volumes. Britney is and will be the main selling point of USA X Factor this year. I just pray she lives up to all the hype. I think the first few auditions we may witness a lot of “That was awesome” “I loved it” but I’m more than certain that she’ll soon find her feet and be the judge everyone loves.

Speaking about her new role Britney said: "I couldn't be more excited to join The X Factor judging panel. I'm a huge fan of the show and now I get to be a part of the action. Simon and LA better watch out!"

As well as Britney joining, the other new judge was announced to be Demi Lovato. They will both replace Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul who confirmed at the end of the last year that they will not be taking part in the new Stateside series of The X Factor. However Simon Cowell and LA Reid will continue in their roles as judges on the popular show.

Simon Cowell also spoke about why he'd chosen the singing pair, adding: "I'm absolutely delighted Britney and Demi are joining us. Britney remains one of the biggest stars in the world, she's talented, fascinating - and I believe she knows exactly how to spot The X Factor."

At the beginning of his introduction of the new judges at the Upfronts Simon summed it up perfectly by saying “Well, we delivered! Rumours are one thing, delivering is something else.” And YES Simon you most certainly did deliver, and for which I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Roll on September and long may she reign.

Oh and as for Demi Lovato: I liked her dress. 

Now, errrm how do I go about auditioning….?!

No comments:

Post a Comment